A Bit More About Coaching
A few answers to your possible questions. Just contact me if you have more questions:)
In every session, you determine what you want to get out of this session. This helps us to stay focused and get results at the end of the session. But do not worry that you should be preparing in advance before each session. You don’t have to. You will probably have a pressing issue (that’s why you decided to have coaching in the first place probably) and we will clarify this with help of questions and your answers. I will be asking questions, a lot of them and will be listening to you with all my presence. I will reflect to you what I heard not only from your words, but also from the tone of your voice and your body. I will point out to you mismatches, the repetitions, the highs and lows. We will investigate the meanings and the relationships of these things. I will challenge you to look at the reality from many perspectives, dimensions and with different pair of eyes. I will be in charge to keep the conversation around the goal of the session and bring the session to an end. A session takes from 45 minutes to 1,5 hours. At the end of our session I will ask you to reflect on how far you have come about the goal you have set for your session. Sometimes you will leave the session with a high energy and a list of actions that you cannot wait to take. Sometimes it will be a feeling of relaxation and lightness. But sometimes, you may leave with sadness, confusion, tiredness. What we do in the session is to move pieces of puzzles around. In between two sessions you will have an inner work going on to find new places for the moved pieces. Sometimes you have to demolish a structure to build something even stronger. Stay with the feeling. You will see that you will feel much stronger in the end.
Coaching helps you to gain clarity and understand what matters to you by peeling off the things that cover the underlying issues and by handling them one by one. It helps you to realise the stories you are telling yourself and what you are believing in. Once you see the benefit of having these stories and beliefs, you have a choice, you can decide what you want to do instead. You have a new look at your reality, from the perspectives you have never looked before. It helps you remember your strengths and reconnect with your inner wisdom. You gain momentum and motivation for goals that matter to you.
An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- When you have a big goal, but you don’t seem to get progress
- You are unsatisfied with the current state of your life, work, relationship, you want to change that and feel good again
- You cannot decide between some important choices that would change your life in different directions
- You are stuck, you cannot create new solutions or ideas for something that matter to you.
- You are about the make a big change but feel you don’t know enough, have not taken all the necessary steps, you lack the confidence or what is required for this change
- You feel your life is out of balance, you feel tired, hopeless, not understood.
- You feel you can do so much more in life and want to find out what that would be and how